Website List

Monday, October 23, 2023

Quiet

I only make the same mistake once; 

It won’t happen again. 

I’ll put a cork in it, 

Not a shred will escape, 

A lock with no key, 

A box with no lid. 

 

I’ll sew my lips shut; 

I’ll break my fingers instead,

Cut out the tongue,

Box my ears and gouge out my eyes,

Make myself Blind, Deaf, and Dumb.

 

I’ll shroud myself in darkness, 

Be the mystery wrapped in the enigma 

Let nothing slip through. 

 

I’ll bleed out 

It into this quiet,

Wrenched honest hole, 

Frank in its dealings, 

Never have to worry about second thoughts, 

A place that accepts it all. 

 

Hang out all the dirty clothes, 

Let the line bend low under the weight 

Until it starts brushing against the fresh cut grass. 

 

Thick and wet 

Let them drip dry, 

It needs no attention 

Just hangum and forgetem. 

 

Wash your hands like Pilate 

Then turn and walk away, 

Let the crowd have him. 

 

Like water in a sealed environment, 

It just changes form, 

Every drop is accounted for 

Regardless of conditions. 

 

Something in my personality 

I always’ need to crash 

To learn not too, 

Must touch the stove 

To learn it’s hot. 

 

Take comfort, 

Our paths will not cross, 

I’ll never darken your door. 

I’ll not have to eat crow each afternoon, 

Only during my 2:00am daydreams. 

 

I’ll give up watching the flies crawl across the window. 

I’ll trust in Franklin, 

I’ll shut my mouth and quit proving myself the idiot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment