Website List

Wednesday, October 18, 2023

Bring It!

Friend or foe…, 

 

What comes next another beating, 

Are you in the shadows ready with your club, 

Let my guard down then I will feel its swift strike. 

 

A friend wouldn’t hide, 

But I would. 

 

Your mistaken if you think I turn my back, 

I am always ready for the axe to fall or the other shoe to drop. 

If you come you better be ready and have both barrels, 

I will eat your muzzle flash, 

You can’t kill the dead. 

 

Tomorrow is just another day,  

Another resurrection, 

Lost in the mirror living out my daily deception. 

 

There aren’t coals hot enough to cook blackened flesh; 

Your threat better have teeth that can break the skin. 

 

I don’t bluff, 

I don’t deceive; 

I will cut you down and step across your corpse without a second glance, 

True mercilessness to greet your stale bluff. 

 

I feed off your garbage, 

I use its pieces to build towers of iron. 

 

My own Maginot line, 

A place to grow my icicles undisturbed. 

 

If you’ve come to lick my bones 

You’ll find all the marrow has already been drained 

Replaced with cold iron for you to crash and break upon. 

 

There is no down you can beat me too

That is not already a trusted friend. 

 

I don’t bend, I can’t break,

I will get back up,

Again and again and again,

You best be gone when I do…

No comments:

Post a Comment