Website List

Saturday, September 2, 2023

I’m not Able, I’m just Cain

 Your such a special human, 

Your going make someone very lucky… 


Hoisted by my on petard, 

I come with empty hands and offer nothing in return. 

Used up, run down; 

An empty house 

With it’s best years trailing in the rear view mirror. 


Darkness longs for warmth from time to time, 

But like Icarus the fall comes for those who glide to close to the light. 


What never came to be, 

Now feeds my muse; 

She revels in my discomfort, 

Wallowing in my pain 

Always keeping the ink in my pen full. 


If you have a lick of wisdom, 

You have never looked back 

And your working to avoid me, 

I always end up planting the seeds for my own destruction. 


Were it possible 

I would grab that useless weak soft underbelly I carry, 

The part that squeals and barks 

As it fights with logic and reason 

Until it’s beaten back 

Left to whimper in the corner. 


My hands would clasp tight around its throat 

I would hold its eye 

As I crushed out the life within. 


Instead when presented again 

The same old story 

Once again it will crawl from its dark corner

Slither up the back again 

Triumphantly place on its saddle once more. 


Let the gibberish flow, 

Line after useless line; 

Like bad gas, 

Its better out than in. 


Holler into the darkness, 

Beat your chest at the driving rain; 

Nothing changes 

Empty words 

From an empty head. 


Like the neglected garden 

Left to grow wild, 

No longer kept up 

It slowly returns to its baser state; 

Where the weeds now choke the flowers 

The once pleasant aroma was traded with the sour bile 

That comes up from the stomach 

Fills both the nose and throat with its acid and copper tinge. 


You bite back the vomit, 

Keep it in and burn yourself 

Or release it and put flame any that grace your path. 


Eat the lesser evil, 

Least the wound is only self-inflected, 

A private seppuku 

Where you can use your own organs 

To tell you the future. 


No comments:

Post a Comment