Website List

Friday, September 29, 2023

1up

The firecracker 

That keeps exploding in your hand, 

When do you learn your lesson, 

How many fingers do you need to loose… 

But the chance, 

I’ll hunt until my legs drop off, 

I’ll chase my tail, 

Chew my own foot, 

But I 

Will 

Not 

Rest. 

 

If she is out there, 

I will find her or fall 

Marching in that direction. 

 

The feeling of betrayal settles into the bones, 

The Judas kiss. 

No good choices; 

The life of Misery or the Life of Longing. 

One holds the promise of hope, 

A false one but its something. 

 

Blindly walking into the darkness 

The good bits have long been whittled away. 

 

What is tomorrow 

But yesterday repeated 

Again and again. 

 

I’m the ox under the yoke, 

Work harder, 

Work harder 

Until your rewarded with the glue factory. 

 

The house fire left to burn, 

No fire engines 

Just the occasional spectator 

Come roast marshmallows 

Over the corpses. 

 

She didn’t fear surgical bites 

From the monsters locked in the attic, 

Stilled them with a touch, 

Made them eat from her hand. 

 

They never left, 

Only hid in the deep dark, 

The friends you never wanted, 

Always ready to bite the hand that feeds. 

 

My place in line never got cold, 

My shadow was holding it for me, 

Back to the beginning, 

Life goes forever forward but it also moves in seasons, 

Like no fall is the just the same as the one that proceeded it, 

It is still fall. 

If only my seasons could be counted on the calendar 

I would know when winter would end and spring could begin. 

 

The watched pot never boils 

But we never learned how to control the flame; 

To much heat burns from within. 

 

Why do you bleed from me so slowly, 

I knew this was my destiny, 

I don’t win the lottery when I play 

Only with someone else’s ticket. 

 

Her living dead girl stories broke my insides, 

You can’t fight the unseen 

So you learn to live with defeat. 

 

I put all my eggs in one basket 

They broke so I asked to borrow yours. 

 

You didn’t like my bloody nose, 

You let my madness lead me to the door, 

Without a goodbye, 

Leave the scoundrel to himself, 

Let the scruffy nerf herder wannabe find himself somewhere else.

 

If the camera were reversed 

I probably would have made all the same moves, 

Checkmate never comes from the queen 

Its always ‘en passant’; 

Two unique reflections looking into each other, 

Oftern only crack the mirror, 

Spider webbing until nothings left to see. 

 

You loose the reflection of infinity, 

You loose the whispers of the pleasant tomorrows, 

You loose the thoughts warmed unbroken days stretching into the horizon. 

Back to the cold longing 

The slow hunt that only ends in complete surrender. 

 

Sorry Mario your Princess is in another Castle! 

No comments:

Post a Comment