Website List

Monday, September 18, 2023

Hades

I try so hard to shove it down

Its smile cracks trough at the edges

That wicked maniacal corner

That wants it all to come down,

The plotter,

The schemer

It lurks down in the deep dark

Always waiting for its next opportunity to take the helm.

 

Answers first taking all the credit

None of the shame,

Evaporate as soon as you appear.

 

You need a shorter chain,

Cerberus barks fill my ears

I only want to sleep

Let the pillow cresses my head

Merrily, merrily ride my boat,

But life is not a dream

Direction is forged not given,

Ease is only for the cradle or the grave

The in-between is filled with vacant soil

Waiting for planting.

Be careful what you plant

For every seed will grow;

All the chickens will come home to roost.

 

In the end you must learn to live with yourself,

Accept who you are,

Learn again from failure,

Look yourself squarely in the eye once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment