Website List

Sunday, December 10, 2023

Cannibal

 At the end of forever,

Peering through the window,

Peaking again and again,

 it makes no difference,

 outside with the other beggars.

 

Another day on the belly,

Crawl through the glass,

‘make this time the last’

Are the words you cling to. 

 

Let the club lie where it fell,

Leave the horse alone,

Let it lie in peace;

Walk away knowing it was always a dead end,

No northwest passage,

Just another wide river leading to nowhere.

 

I pick every wound until it bleeds;

I gouge out my eyes,

But i still manage to find your footprints to take tea with.

 

I flew on your wings because i never learned to fly on my own.

 

I had forgotten how lonely life was,

Once you move past the sadness

Your left with the silence that never seems to leave;

It spreads out and deafens the world,

Easily mistaken as lost in thought

But the mind is vacant.

 

You keep waiting for your time to come

But that hour has already been spent

On gumdrops and ballons,

You were lost in the mirror confusing your reflection

For the real world.

 

Maybe if it could be cut into smaller bits

It would be more digestible,

I should have dropped breadcrumbs

But maybe i did, and they were eaten by the crows.

 

I’d take the candy house if offered,

But in the end what are you going to learn from cannibals

That you don’t already know.

 

 

 

“What a piece of work is a man!

How noble in reason!

How infinite in faculty!

In form and moving how express and admirable!

In action how like an angel!

In apprehension how like a god!

The beauty of the world!

The paragon of animals!

And yet, to me,

What is this quintessence of dust?

Man delights, not me.”

~Hamlet


No comments:

Post a Comment