Website List

Friday, September 9, 2022

intense

Your words ring hard even from the grave; like a leopard I move without change. I do not know how to be anything more than what I am. I have never spoken human very well; the meanings always twist as the words come out. You were built for me; I was never built for you. Should have kissed away the tears not used a Kleenex, could have turned away and toward but instead transfixed in the headlights of the empty future. That moment when you should reply I remain silent; instead speaking out of turn saying what no one wants to hear. I live in those awkward silences and the words that had been better off left unsaid. You were the only one to ever truly understand me, you saw past it all, you saw the meaning behind every word, the thought in back of each action. You came from nowhere and my life changed. So fierce, never timid, always the lady, perfect grace. Your kindness is so missed. I walk the desert alone again now with the heat of your undead love traveling along. I am still yet to determine if it gives or takes, it’s all I have left so that recognition matters little. I don’t know where I am going anymore. I can’t go backward, spending my weekends in your grave is hard enough. I can’t keep it in, it escapes no matter how high the walls. Even the wounded animal will recoil in fear. I don’t know where I stopped, and you began. Nothing left but the poison. 

No comments:

Post a Comment