Website List

Tuesday, August 2, 2022

The Laughing Tiger

I feel your smile deep in my minds eye,

Hiding under the shadows of thoughts and

In-between solitary silences.

You’re the warning before the fall the,

The laugh at the pain,

The ever-present reminder.

You never lead to good;

Your smile only exposes the unavoidable doors

To rooms ready to shatter

From the heaves and throws of life.

Would be better to have been born without ears

Than to hear your mocking indignation,

I am sure that you wouldn’t be deterred

A malevolence that knows no bounds

Your cup of hemlock always ready for my lips.

I should not have met your silence with my own quiet contentment,

In the interim you took everything but my soul.

Your laugh came back with the blood that wouldn’t end,

The weekly bathroom murder

Unanswered until ashes fill the grave.

No exorcism in this life,

No fiend to be released,

You and I are one. 


No comments:

Post a Comment