Website List

Sunday, February 13, 2022

Maw of Love

Your clothes

No longer hold your sent.

No gentle kisses

Can wake you now.

Empty slipper

With no feet to fill them.

The albatross

Tugs me down to drown

Into Tantalus pool.

Ambrosia turned to ashes

In the mouth,

No life outside the hermit’s villa

Only statues from medusas gauze.

Left with just my pale horse

To keep me company

Lost is your gentle touch

Across my brow.

Beyond view from Dante,

An inferno just my own.

Left with no melody,

Just the wind and rain

No fiddle to play it on.

The weekends deafening silence

Devoid of sweet suggestions,

The bitter reality

The only truth;

Each day’s march

Follows the next

Into the mouth of the sun,

Where melted wings

Burn

In the cold of the night,

Each breath is not your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment