Website List

Sunday, July 7, 2024

ShitShow/Another log in the toilet of HOPE and FEAR

The spinning wheel moves beneath the eyes, 

Rolling again, 

Pat Sajak left for the evening, 

I’m not smart enough to put it together 

Without Vanna to spin the letters for me. 

 

Fade into the audience, 

Clap along with the barking seals 

As you watch the show from the outside. 

 

Once the biting begins its all you feel 

Even when its stopped. 

 

The phantom limb never leaves completely; 

It catches you off guard, 

Like the popup restaurant 

Invading your street serving the finest in insect cuisine. 

 

A puzzle wrapped in the enigma or just a door that doesn’t want to be opened… 

 

Yesterday blends into tomorrow, 

Passing over today 

Leaving only the bitter taste of regret. 

 

The uneaten stands in the way of any hope of dessert. 

 

I need a new wall to beat my head against. 

 

Spin relentlessly like a leaf on the wind; 

When life tries to drown you it rewards you 

With only trying harder its next time around. 

 

It saves the shit shake for you next walk past. 

 

Do load stones grow tired, 

Long to be cut free 

Float down into the murky depths. 

 

I’ve never gotten it right, 

I choose the wrong door each time 

Can’t find my way home until I’m shown. 

 

So many turns as the frog 

That you slowly become the scorpion 

Waiting at the river for a ride. 

 

Your tricks fall flat, 

I see the strings 

I’ve read the playbill 

I know what comes next. 

 

Surrender to the churn, 

Break me down and spit me out, 

Return to the Vomitorium. 

 

I grow tired of always chasing sunbeams, 

They escape between your fingers. 

 

I need to stop playing with twenty-five sent words. 

 

Why do I keep feeding this festering weakness; 

It pushes me like a beggar 

Empty bowl in my hands; 

Forever reaching out 

With no one reaching back. 

 

If I could pluck you from my mind, 

Dump you in the fire, 

Let you meet the hard smack of the hammer, 

Mold your shape into what I need 

Not what you want. 

 

I look everywhere for a third way, 

Where I won’t need to cut the futures throat 

With the bones of the past. 

 

Walking the path in reverse 

Won’t lead you out, 

Moving forward wont lead you out, 

Sitting still won’t lead you out. 

 

Might as well spend another day trying to outrun my shadow. 

 

Do I turn your stomach the same way I turn my own? 

 

At some point this slow procession must come to an end. 

Seasons come and seasons go 

But when the day ends 

Were you the leaf, or 

Were you the wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment