Website List

Monday, May 6, 2024

Endless Warmth

With out that spark nothing materializes,

With out heat to reflect it all stays cold;

Without light,

Darkness prevails

Your eyes will never fully adjust.

 

Lost in the dreaming of better days,

High summer grass

Long lazy afternoons.

 

Your cup always full,

Each day folding deeper and deeper into one another,

A boundless ocean to explore

Each thought an island to get lost on,

Crawl across its rocks

Peer into its depths.

 

We don’t fly without a copilot,

You can’t soar alone,

The victories become hollow,

Every win just another loss barely missed.

 

Is the Buddhist lobotomy the next logical step in this journey to nowhere?

The apostles all say to drink up,

The water tastes just like wine;

Burn away the you until only you remain.

 

I don’t like the taste of figs,

I touched its face,

I can’t be told that what I felt has any greater,

I won’t give up looking for my second fountain.

 

I wan’t to finish your sentences while getting lost in your eyes,

Wake up first just to watch you sleep,

Each day becoming the bricks to build a life.


No comments:

Post a Comment